This two-part presentation focuses on the role of the author in preparation of a manuscript for publication as well as the role of the manuscript reviewer in the publication process. Links to articles for authors and reviewers, author guidelines, writing guidelines, and tools from various sources are provided. The manuscript review process, responsibilities and qualifications of manuscript reviewers and how to complete a manuscript review are discussed.
Contact hours available until 10/26/17.
Requirements for Successful Completion:
Complete the learning activity in its entirety and complete the online CNE evaluation. You will be able to print your CNE certificate at any time after you complete the evaluation.
Planning Committee Disclosures:
• Gina Powley - Astellas/Medivation speaker bureau, Ferring Pharmaceuticals speaker bureau
• Leanne Schimke, MSN, CRNP, CUNP - Consultant: Bayer, Speaker's Bureau: Bayer
• Valre Welch, MSN, CPNP - Holister Continence Care Advisory Board; Speaker for Hollister Incontinence Workshops
There are no disclosures to declare.
Commercial Support and Sponsorship:
No commercial support or sponsorship declared.
Society of Urologic Nurses and Associates is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
SUNA is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider number, CEP 5556.
1. Discuss strategies for improving chances for publication.
2. Identify resources for authors and reviewers.
3. Describe the manuscript peer review process and how to complete a manuscript review.