Credits: None available.
This is a fast paced urology overview for nurses and advanced practice providers. It is ideal for those new to urology and experienced providers to keep up to date. This course provides a current review of primary GU cancers, infections and inflammations, erectile dysfunction, infertility, obstructive disorders including strictures, BPH, stone disease, GU pharmacology, pediatric urology, urinary incontinence, interstitial cystitis and GU trauma. The course may help attendees formulate a study plan for certification or review content before the exam.
Contact hours available until 10/26/17.
Requirements for Successful Completion:
Complete the learning activity in its entirety and complete the online CNE evaluation. You will be able to print your CNE certificate at any time after you complete the evaluation.
Planning Committee Disclosures:
• Gina Powley - Astellas/Medivation speaker bureau, Ferring Pharmaceuticals speaker bureau
• Leanne Schimke, MSN, CRNP, CUNP - Consultant: Bayer, Speaker's Bureau: Bayer
• Valre Welch, MSN, CPNP - Holister Continence Care Advisory Board; Speaker for Hollister Incontinence Workshops
Diane K. Newman, DNP, FAAN, BCB-PMD - Grant/Research Support: Wellspect
Commercial Support and Sponsorship:
No commercial support or sponsorship declared.
Society of Urologic Nurses and Associates is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
SUNA is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider number, CEP 5556.
1. Differentiate between the GU infections of the upper and lower urinary tract.
2. List diagnostic evaluation and treatment options of bladder and prostate cancer.
3. Describe prevalence of erectile dysfunction.
4. Identify the way in which erectile dysfunction is evaluated and managed.
5. Differentiate obstructive and non-obstructive voiding dysfunction.
6. Identify etiology and treatments of acute and chronic pelvic pain in men and women.
7. Explain the types of incontinence, causes and management.
8. Describe the etiology and management of lower obstructive uropathy.
9. Compare and contrast success of BPH treatments.
10. Summarize the metabolic causes of stone disease and the basis for prevention.
11. State the interventions for common urology trauma situations.
12. List the causes and interventions for upper urinary tract obstructions.
13. Discuss the appropriate assessment and treatment of VUR in children.
14. Describe the appropriate diagnosis and treatment of pediatric UTIs.
15. List diagnostic evalutation of renal, testicular and penile cancer.
You must be logged in and own this session in order to post comments.