This in depth workshop provides knowledge to assist the APN and PA in determining the best imaging studies to utilize in their clinical practice. Normal and abnormal radiographic findings and how to best incorporate radiographic imaging in clinical decision making for patients are reviewed. Challenging case studies are presented to illustrate best practices in determining the appropriate imaging studies.
Contact hours available until 10/26/17.
Requirements for Successful Completion:
Complete the learning activity in its entirety and complete the online CNE evaluation. You will be able to print your CNE certificate at any time after you complete the evaluation.
Planning Committee Disclosures:
• Gina Powley - Astellas/Medivation speaker bureau, Ferring Pharmaceuticals speaker bureau
• Leanne Schimke, MSN, CRNP, CUNP - Consultant: Bayer, Speaker's Bureau: Bayer
• Valre Welch, MSN, CPNP - Holister Continence Care Advisory Board; Speaker for Hollister Incontinence Workshops
Heather Schultz, NP - AUA honorarium as speaker, APN/PA AUA Committee Member
Commercial Support and Sponsorship:
No commercial support or sponsorship declared.
Society of Urologic Nurses and Associates is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
SUNA is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider number, CEP 5556.
1. Identify the best imaging test for common urologic problems.
2. Discuss risks and benefits of imaging.
3. Identify the use and liability of point of care ultrasound.
4. Review common and new imaging modalities of lower urinary tract pathology.
5. Identify the best imaging test for common urologic problems.
6. Risks and benefits of imaging.