Improve your clinical skill-set for pelvic floor care. Faculty provides background information and opportunity for hands-on practice on clinical (not human) models. Skills include male genital exam, simple cystometrics, genital skin biopsy, and pessary fitting and follow-up exams. Designed for nurses and advanced practice providers entering practice fields such as adult urology or urogynecology.
Contact hours available until 2/28/17.
Requirements for Successful Completion:
Complete the learning activity in its entirety and complete the online CNE evaluation. You will be able to print your CNE certificate at any time after you complete the evaluation.
Planning Committee Disclosures:
Christine Bradway, PhD, RN, CRNP: Consultant/Presenter Bureau: Direct Supply Inc. and Advisory Board: Astelles
Cheryl A. LeCroy, MSN, RN: Consultant: Allergan
There are no disclosures to declare.
Commercial Support and Sponsorship:
No commercial support or sponsorship declared.
Society of Urologic Nurses and Associates is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
SUNA is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider number, CEP 5556. Objectives:
- Describe steps to performing the male genital exam.
- Practice the male genital exam on a model.
- Describe different lesions that may require biopsy.
- List the steps when performing a vulvar punch biopsy.
- Perform a punch biopsy on models provided.
- Demonstrate assessment of pelvic organ prolapse and stress urinary incontinence.
- Describe considerations of pessary selection and follow-up.
- Demonstrate pessary fitting.
- State the purpose of simple cystometrics and the active bladder test.
- List the equipment needed to perform a simple cystometrics/active bladder test
- Describe the simple cystometrics/active bladder test procedure.